SUNZ coronavirus statement – March 13, 2020
SUNZ Insurance is carefully monitoring the situation with COVID-19. The safety and wellness of our employees and clients is our highest priority. As of right now, we are continuing with business as usual to be there for our clients at a time when they may need us the most.
We recommend our clients stay up to date on the CDC’s guidelines for businesses and employers to plan, prepare and respond to COVID-19 (please refer to the CDC for additional guidance related to the below):
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Separate sick employees.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning.
- Advise employees before traveling to take certain steps.
- Additional Measures in Response to Currently Occurring Sporadic Importations of the COVID-19:
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of their potential exposure.
- If an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, employers should inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Employees exposed to a co-worker with confirmed COVID-19 should refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of their potential exposure.
As for our employees, we have the ability to allow the majority of our team to work from home and business can continue as usual.
As we continue to monitor the situation, we will keep everyone updated with further details.
President & CEO, SUNZ Insurance